Editing feature attributes (not using Edit Widget) in Web AppBuilder?

09-04-2015 07:03 AM
JonathanBailey
Occasional Contributor III

Is there any way to edit feature attributes in Web AppBuilder, other than using the Edit widget?

The Edit Widget is pretty heavyweight and GIS-centric, which doesn't make it a good option for the general user of a web application. What I''d like to be able to enable is editing feature attributes either through the attribute table, the default feature popup, or a custom feature popup. Is there a way to do this? Can this be achieved using the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition?

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jonathan,

Will the Editing Application template provided with ArcGIS Online work for you?  You can set the properties of the feature service to only allow users to edit the attributes.  Below is an example.  You can click on a polygon and you will be presented with a pop-up to edit the attributes.

http://arcg.is/1JH5PZP

0 Kudos
JonathanBailey
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jake,

The Editor application has the right idea in terms of being able to edit -- but I need to be able to add some functionality to the application, such as:

• a list of features in the map
  • a couple of custom buttons in the popup to perform some custom actions

which is why I was looking at the Web AppBuilder -- it looked like I might be able to develop a couple of custom widgets to perform this functionality.

0 Kudos