Deploy an app in local folder to ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
07-15-2021 06:41 AM
Boyang_Wang
Occasional Contributor II

I used Web AppBuilder to build an app stored in my local drive. I am trying to deploy it to ArcGIS Online. In the help page (https://developers.arcgis.com/web-appbuilder/guide/xt-deploy-app.htm#GUID-DE10C2E7-51B9-46C7-864E-E0... it only talks about how to deploy it on my own web server. As I do not own a web server, can I deploy it on my ArcGIS Online?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Boyang_Wang

I used Web AppBuilder to build an app stored in my local drive. ... can I deploy it on my ArcGIS Online?

This is not a supported workflow. Sorry. ArcGIS Online does NOT supporting hosting custom web apps, even from Web AppBuilder Developer Edition. You will need to host your own web apps on your own web server, which can then be referenced as items in your ArcGIS Online organization.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

DerekLaw

Hi @Boyang_Wang,

What about hosting locally built web apps on ArcGIS Enterprise?

To be clear, the ArcGIS Enterprise portal does NOT support hosting custom web apps either.

It is possible to host a web app in the web server that ArcGIS Enterprise is using - but this is separate and does not directly involve ArcGIS Enterprise.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi @Boyang_Wang

I used Web AppBuilder to build an app stored in my local drive. ... can I deploy it on my ArcGIS Online?

This is not a supported workflow. Sorry. ArcGIS Online does NOT supporting hosting custom web apps, even from Web AppBuilder Developer Edition. You will need to host your own web apps on your own web server, which can then be referenced as items in your ArcGIS Online organization.

Hope this helps,

Boyang_Wang

Thank you for the answer. What about hosting locally built web apps on ArcGIS Enterprise? The reason I love Web AppBuilder Developer Edition is that I can add custom widgets built by the community, such as displaying popup in a side panel. Since Enterprise has a server component, I hope it can host web app built by Developer Edition.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi @Boyang_Wang,

What about hosting locally built web apps on ArcGIS Enterprise?

To be clear, the ArcGIS Enterprise portal does NOT support hosting custom web apps either.

It is possible to host a web app in the web server that ArcGIS Enterprise is using - but this is separate and does not directly involve ArcGIS Enterprise.

Hope this helps,

Boyang_Wang

Thank you for clarifying this. I will work with my IT department and try to deploy the app directly in the server.