Custom Print Service...not showing all templates

08-27-2019 07:08 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I have published a custom print service using a registered template folder. Only the first layout template in my folder is showing as an option when using the print service with the print widget. I have tripled checked...and ALL templates are checked b/f publishing the service. Any ideas why only one is showing as an option?

Tags (2)
10 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

if you go to your print service REST end point like the one below, do you see all templates listed for Layout_Template parameters?

http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%2... 

also, execute 'Get Layout Templates Info' task as well from the REST side. Do you see all layout templates included in the result too?

http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Get%20La...

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

This tutorial is old, but I think it includes all the steps to create a custom print service which should include access to all the print templates that you have created:

ArcGIS Help 10.1 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tanu,

Only one template is listed in each place. I have tripled checked and made sure all templates are checked b/f I publish the service. Any ideas why they are not showing up?

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Julia,

when you select the layout template folder in the ExportWebMap tool (in arcmap or Pro), do you see Layout Template drop down list populated with correct list of templates?

same thing while publishing the result as a gp service, do you see the list populated correctly in the publishing wizard?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes and yes! All templates show up in the tool and in the wizard. 

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

hmm... I hate to say I have no idea at this point what is going on. I'd appreciate if you make a call to Esri Support and have an analyst take a look at this issue.

thanks.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turns out the folder I was working from wasn't registered with the server...all templates are showing now. 

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the update and I'm glad that it is working for you now.

It's weird that all templates didn't get copied to the server when the folder is not registered. If it is possible for you, I'd appreciate if you open an incident with Esri support for that issue. We need to take a look at this and figure out what is causing that issue.

did you try it from ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap? And which versions?

0 Kudos