Controller widgets & widget pools

11-06-2014 07:24 AM
firstlast3
New Contributor II

So according to the WAB documentation widgets within widget pools are controlled by/displayed within controller widgets, both defined within the configuration files. What I am trying to do is use two controller widgets (sidebar and header), each displaying/controlling a separate set of widgets. I am trying to configure this at the theme layout config level but without much success.

What happens is the config file will only accept one widgetPool item and both widget controllers will each load all widgets within than widget pool. I can't seem to figure out how to separate sets of widgets to display separately in the header and sidebar controllers, and each with different panel styles. I have played a bit with groups within the widget pool but that doesn't seem to work either - everything in the widget pool will still display in both controllers.

Any suggestions/ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
firstlast3
New Contributor II

Just to refresh the visibility of this....any suggestions??? I am bit worried this is more of a limitation of the builder rather than me doing it wrong, especially with the final version coming out very soon.

NathanHeickLACSD
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, I am equally interested in knowing if you can have two controller widgets.  I want a header controller widget with a panel on the right and sidebar controller widget with a panel on the left.

0 Kudos