Continuous display of feature count note

04-11-2019 11:48 AM
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a way to add a note to my web app which displays the number of features in the current display and have the note be persistent so that it does not go away when a widget is selected and it changes the count when the number of features changes? I want my user to know the total number of features that are displayed after they apply a filter or pan or zoom.

I have a javascript app that does this as seen in the attached png. I am trying to replace this app with one built in the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS. I want to be able to display the date range that is currently applied to the data.

I took a look at the summary widget and it is kind of flakey!

I just want a persistent note that can be modified when the feature count changes!

Thanks,

Janice.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Janice,

this is possible but would have to be a custom developed widget. I would look at the Scalebar widget as an example of a persisted widget on screen.

JaniceBaird

Thanks, Robert. I am looking to see how much can be done without customization. I will look to customization after exhausting all built-in options! Bosses!

0 Kudos
JaniceBaird

I have been playing with the Info Summary widget and it does a pretty good job of displaying feature counts for my feature categories and retains the colors of the feature clusters.

I have looked at enabling clustering on the Info Summary widget but am not impressed with the display at this time. It looks like you lose the cluster popup when you enable clustering on the widget.

I want my user to know what filters have been applied without having to go to the filter widget. If I could add a note to the display with this information, then the user would know what data is being displayed.

I hope that helps describe my problem better.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

It does. But the is nothing available without customization.

0 Kudos