Can not add/save new features using editing widgets

06-04-2019 03:36 AM
DerekPhyn
Occasional Contributor

Anyone out there experts with the Smart Editor and Edit widgets? I have a strange situation where all the settings should allow me to edit existing or add new features to a hosted feature layer (I have checked many, many times) and I can in a web map fine. But when I try with the Smart Editor or Edit widgets in a web app I can edit existing records fine but nothing I do will allow me to add new features. No error messages. Either I digitise the feature and nothing happens (Smart Editor) or the Save button is greyed out (Edit). I suspect this message has something to do with it...

...so I have all my fields displayed on at service, webmap and widget level but some required fields like OBJECTID and GlobalID just will not display in the widget settings. Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

Other thing to note is the feature layer already has 25,000 features. Could this cause issues with the widgets but not editing in a webmap?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Derek,

ObjectId and GlobalID are fields that esri will handle internally so they are not the issue. Are there any errors written to the browsers web console?

0 Kudos
DerekPhyn
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

Yes, this error message written to the browser console when I try to add a new feature using the Smart Editor. I have no idea what it means…

Thanks

Derek

Derek Phyn Senior Spatial Analyst | Spatial Analysis and Modelling, Science and Strategy

WAIKATO REGIONAL COUNCIL | Te Kaunihera ā Rohe o Waikato<https://waikatoregion.govt.nz/>

Take a look at the work we do<https://www.waikatoregion.govt.nz/community/whats-happening/video-hub/>

P: +6478590826<tel:>

M: +64212234922

F: facebook.com/waikatoregion

Private Bag 3038, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton, 3240, New Zealand

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Derek,

Unfortunately that error message does not tell me much either. It sounds like it could be an issue with a field being one type and you are entering a different type value. But that is just speculation.

0 Kudos
RossGoodacre1
New Contributor

Yes maybe check to see if you have any domains set on the feature class and ensure the data you are attributing into the fields when creating new features meets the domain standards.

0 Kudos
DerekPhyn
Occasional Contributor

Update. We think we have linked the issue to a geometry check table generated for the data and published with it to AGOL. Once we exported the data out of AGOL and stripped out the geometry check table and republished it it worked. Having a geometry check table in the service didn't seem to impact editing the data in AGOL with editor widget or if in a web map but the Smart Editor did not seem to like it. It's the only lead we have at the moment. Thanks for the replies.

0 Kudos