Batch Attribute Editor - Changes Map Symbols

Jump to solution
12-06-2017 06:56 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

In web app builder (non-developer), I just started experimenting with the batch attribute editor widget.  That is one handy tool.  Nice job ESRI!  I did notice one interesting behavior of the tool which i was not sure if it was a bug or not.  I am using a hosted feature service that I originally published from ArcMap Desktop.  In the ArcGIS.com map that controls the Web AppBuilder app, I changed the map symbol of my hosted feature service from the ArcMap desktop symbol to one of the ArcGIS.com map symbols, and saved it to the layer.  The Web AppBuilder App honors the ArcGIS.com symbol like it supposed to on map load, until you turn on the Batch Attribute Editor Widget.  In the widget, some of my map symbols switch back to their original ArcMap desktop symbols when I activate the tool by picking one of the selection options.  When you turn off the Batch Attribute Editor Widget, the symbols go back to the ArcGIS.com map version. 

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Map Load Symbol

Batch Tool Active Symbol

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanAllen

Thanks Robert.  I think I figured it out.  I went to the published feature service page, and on the visualization tab, it still showed the original ArcMap Desktop symbol.  I changed it there, and hit save layer.  Now the Batch Attribute Editor Widget symbol matches the symbol at map load.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan,

I believe that the Batch Editor tool is using the symbology that is specified in the edit template that is setup in ArcMap for that specific feature. Update the feature template in ArcMap and republish and you should be good to go.

0 Kudos
DanAllen

Thanks Robert.  I think I figured it out.  I went to the published feature service page, and on the visualization tab, it still showed the original ArcMap Desktop symbol.  I changed it there, and hit save layer.  Now the Batch Attribute Editor Widget symbol matches the symbol at map load.

0 Kudos