Batch Attribute Editing Dates in WAB 2.1

2026
13
07-25-2016 07:25 AM
LindaDunklee
New Contributor III

I am trying to use the new Batch Attribute Editor in Web App Builder 2.1 to edit date fields and am getting the error "Error: The value type is incompatible with the field type".  Editing this data in the normal editor and Smart Editor widget both work.  Using the Bulk Attribute Editor to edit fields that are not date fields also works.  Has anyone else experienced this issue or discovered a fix?  I'm not sure if I need to change something at the database level, or if there is configuration in the Web App Builder that would take care of the issue.  I've tried formatting the dates differently in the AGO map as well.  This error only occurs when you select "New Date" and enter a new date in the Batch Attribute Editor widget. 

Thanks!

13 Replies
LouiseStaalsen
New Contributor

We've the same problem - it might be this bug: BUG-000097696: The Batch Attribute Editor widget in ArcGIS Web App..

LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

Linda,

The bug should have been fixed in ArcGIS Online and will also be in Dev 2.2. Would you please verify it in AGOL at this moment? If it still has problems, please let us know. Thanks.

Previn Wong

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @LemaoWu 

I know this is from 2016, but I appear to be having the same issue as BUG-000097696 still. I cannot edit new date fields when using the Batch editor widget (normal Edit widget works fine, but we need batch). The field is empty and does not accept any input at all.

That being said, older date fields I had, possibly published from Pro a long time ago, do work.

BrittanyBurson_0-1626477129360.png

Anyone find a workaround or? Thank you...

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @BrittanyBurson ,

Are you using Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Online or are you on a version of ArcGIS Enterprise or the developer edition? Are you able to share your application with us? Thank you!

 

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @AlixVezina , thanks as always for your comments here. This is ArcGIS Online. Is there an AGO user or a way I can share it with you while remaining private to our org?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@BrittanyBurson Please add me to a Group with the item shared: AlixSolutions

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @AlixVezina, you should have access now. I know the schema is cringey, but it's the only way I've been able to accommodate a way to add a maintenance record to multiple features at once until it is possible to add multiple related records to a feature at once.

Idea and Idea

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@BrittanyBurson do you have more details on how these problematic date fields were generated/added to the service?

As you've specified, when comparing with the other date fields available in your service these are the only two with the described issue, so I'm curious to know more on how they were created.

AlixVezina_0-1626735713083.png

Please, is it possible to add the following user to the group as well? PrevinSolutions 

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @AlixVezina, I added Previn. I tried creating the date field in both AGO on the feature class directly, as well as in Pro, but same thing.

The most recent date field added in May actually did have this same issue at first, but eventually resolved itself while I was troubleshooting (unfortunately I'm not sure what fixed it at the time). At the time I thought it was a fluke and didn't think much of it. I went back and found a screenshot from the primary user of the app:

BrittanyBurson_2-1626796722664.png

However just now I created a fresh feature class within AGO and added a date field using AGO + Pro, and both are working fine. Removed time reference and changed alias, still fine.

BrittanyBurson_0-1626796577133.png

BrittanyBurson_1-1626796601236.png

Next I exported a local copy of the medians dataset in Pro, and republished it as a fresh web layer. No issues. So... I guess it has something to do with my layer was published originally, or something with my specific layer.

BrittanyBurson_3-1626797490134.png

I should have tried these troubleshooting steps sooner, I apologize, but thank you for looking into it with me. Still quite bizarre though!

Have a great day and let me know if you'd like to try anything else.