Attribute Values from Survey123 published feature layer NOT displaying in Web AppBuilder widget

Jump to solution
01-30-2019 10:16 AM
RobertMarros
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am currently building out a Web Application using a feature service layer published via the Survey123 Connect application and unfortunately have been running into an issue where one of my layer's fields isn't populating the attribute information submitted via the survey in any of the Web App Widgets. There are a couple of things that make this very weird. First, the field in question is a Select One question in my published survey but I have other Select One questions that are working properly and the attribute information is being displayed in the Web App widgets. Second, the attribute information is being displayed when I click on a survey on the map and view it via the Pop-Up. Finally, this issue seems to only be happening when I create a Web App via the Web App Builder application. If I try to create it via the Operations Dashboard the information does get displayed in the widgets, however, I would prefer to create my Web App via Web AppBuilder and not Operations Dashboard. 

I am not sure if this is a limitation of Web App Builder or something with Survey123. 

Web App Builder

Operations Dashboard

James Tedrick

Survey123 for ArcGIS

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS

Using the Web AppBuilder

Web AppBuilder Custom Widgets

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertMarros

I was able to figure out the reason behind my issue. It was caused when I re-published my survey with updated choices, specifically for the Select_One question that I was experiencing the issue with. To resolve the issue, I had to publish a brand new survey using the create via an existing survey (pointed to my original survey xls file that I was working on) option. Once I did that I was able to submit new surveys and see the data populate correctly in the widgets for all questions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertMarros

I was able to figure out the reason behind my issue. It was caused when I re-published my survey with updated choices, specifically for the Select_One question that I was experiencing the issue with. To resolve the issue, I had to publish a brand new survey using the create via an existing survey (pointed to my original survey xls file that I was working on) option. Once I did that I was able to submit new surveys and see the data populate correctly in the widgets for all questions.

0 Kudos
RobertMarros

Survey123 for ArcGISOperations Dashboard for ArcGIS

Even though I was able to determine the root of my problem, it is still a problem I continue to face. Any chance this can get resolved so I don't need to Publish a brand new survey every time I make an update to my CHOICES?  

0 Kudos