ArcGIS Online Web AppBuilder Edit Widget does not respect web map pop-up field settings

03-29-2018 01:54 PM
JarrettGreen
New Contributor III

I have published a hosted feature service to ArcGIS Online and need to re-order fields and their view/edit capabilities in my web map. I've added this web map to a Web AppBuilder where our users will be editing using the Edit widget. When I add this widget to my app, it does not respect the field order and capabilities set in the web map, but I am 99% sure it used to. I've tried this with different feature services, web maps, apps, browsers and cleared browser caches.

The Smart Editor widget respects the field order and view/edit capabilities of the web map. What happened with the Edit widget?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Jarrett

4 Replies
MitchellWatson1
New Contributor III

Hi Jarrett,

I have experienced this as well!

Positive that the Pop-up configuration from the Web Map passed in the Web App Edit Widget. Had been awhile since last having to do this, something must have changed.

Could someone please advise what will be done about this? When you are dealing with ~100 fields it can save you a great amount of time, it was such a handy feature!

Thanks,

Mitchell

0 Kudos
JarrettGreen
New Contributor III

Mitchell,

I'm not sure if you have tried this again, but this issue was resolved as of the April 2018 ArcGIS Online release.

Cheers!

Jarrett

MitchellWatson1
New Contributor III

Hi Jarrett,

Thanks for posting this, I hadn't tried since. Great that it has been resolved!

Cheers!

Mitchell

0 Kudos
ZorbaConlen1
Occasional Contributor III

Does anyone know if this is possible for webmaps that consume services published via ArcGIS Server? Meaning the service is not hosted. I have re-ordered the fields in the webmap, but the edit interface in WAB does not respect the order. 

Thanks