Add more than 1 WebMap to WAB (2 questions)

Jump to solution
10-05-2016 08:44 AM
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

QUESTION 1:

I have a WebMap I built using WAB 2.1. Under the Map Tab, I have a WebMap (basemap) from AGOL. However, I have a second WebMap I want to add. This WebMap is on AGOL. Should I add this using the LocalLayer Widget? I would like this WebMap to be added NOT as a basemap, but to be put under the Layer List.

QUESTION 2:

I have a WebMap in AGOL. I added one Layer from this WebMap to my WAB App using the LocalLayer Widget. The only way I can do this was add it as a Feature Layer. But, when I go to open my WAB App it prompts me for a Username and Password. What is the best way to add a single Layer from an AGOL WebMap to a WAB App, is using the LocalLayer Widget the best way or is there another option that will not prompt me for a username/password?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

As I mentioned before Forget the Web Map and focus and the map or feature service url that was used when adding the data to that Web Map. If you only want one specific layer of a Map Service that has many layers then you must use a Feature Layer in the LL widget.

If the Map Service only has on layer in it then add it as a Dynamic map service in the widget. If your map service is secured than you must use a proxy if you do not want your user prompted for a username and password.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

1. Then that sounds like a perfect use case for the Local Layer widget.

2. The only time you should be prompted for a username and password is when the layer is not shared publicly. Is this layer only available on your AGOL account or it on your ArcGIS Server? Don't think about that web map, think about the actual map service that the web map uses. If the layer you want to add is just one sub layer of a larger map service then you primary option is to add it to the LL widget using Featurelayer, unless you are able to publish that one layer to your own ArcGIS server as a new map service.

0 Kudos
TimHayes1

If I publish the AGOL Webmap using the LocalLayer Widget, do I publish it as a Dynamic or which? I keep getting the red exclamation point when I add the AGOL WebMap URL.

0 Kudos
TimHayes1

Also, this Web Map and the associated FeatureLayer (there is only 1 Layer in the Web Map) is not Public. What are my options for getting this into the LocalLayer Widget?

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

As I mentioned before Forget the Web Map and focus and the map or feature service url that was used when adding the data to that Web Map. If you only want one specific layer of a Map Service that has many layers then you must use a Feature Layer in the LL widget.

If the Map Service only has on layer in it then add it as a Dynamic map service in the widget. If your map service is secured than you must use a proxy if you do not want your user prompted for a username and password.