Add Google Analytics to web app?

Jump to solution
07-23-2019 09:46 AM
KieranClark
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to add Google Analytics to my web app? As we've made custom changes to some of the widgets, we deploy on our own web server so I'm hoping it's just a matter of adding the tracking code to the right file.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kieran,

Sure I have mine added to the main index.html for my app.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kieran,

Sure I have mine added to the main index.html for my app.

KieranClark
Occasional Contributor

Ah, perfect. Got mine added successfully now, thanks!

0 Kudos
BeeZeet
New Contributor II

@Kieran Clark @Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Can either of you please share how and where you added the tracking code please?

Is this on the Portal Server ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bee,

I do not use Portal. I am using WAB Developer. I am not sure where to make the change for portal.

0 Kudos
BeeZeet
New Contributor II

Ok, got a couple of questions.

1. If my page was built using the Web AppBuiilder for ArcGIS, does this fit your category  or it just has to be built in WAB Developer?

2. If I was to download WAB Developer and use it on my page currently built with the above conditions as provided, will I break or corrupt anything?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bee,

If you created your app in AGOL WAB and then downloaded the app to host on your own web server then you could add Google Analytics. There is no need to consider WAB Dev if you can download and host the WAB app on your own web server.

0 Kudos
BeeZeet
New Contributor II

Robert, 

It is an on premise enterprise portal.  Hopefully my terminologies are right.  I know it is definitely not AGOL.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bee,

Then my original reply applies. I don't have any experience with on premise Portal.

0 Kudos
BeeZeet
New Contributor II

Robert,

Just for clarity is the experience different when using WAB Developer and Web Appbuilder for ArcGIS?

I wonder if anyone else is using Google Analytics in their organizational portal page?

0 Kudos