Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition) Layer List widget enhancements

01-21-2016 05:31 PM
StoyanShopov1
New Contributor III
Dear Web AppBuilder team, please consider the following enhancement requests:
  1. Add a "zoom to layer extent" to the current "Enable Pop-up; Open Attribute Table, Description" drop down menu on the right. 
  2. Show the Description of the layer when a user hovers over the layer in the Layer List widget or when the user click on Description in the drop down menu on the right. Currently the user is taken to the arcgis/rest/services page which is not very sightly for non-technical users and usually requires the user to log in first. 
  3. Expose some of CSS for the Layer List items in the widget configuration. It would be great to have ability to manipulate the indentation and spacing between layer list items without having to go through the CSS. 

Thanks. 

1 Comment
by Anonymous User

agree, we also want links to custom metadata pages. You put it just the way my director did:  "Users will find the REST page offputting. Too "technical" and they'll be confused".  I agree. Sure, we all know what all (err, most!) of the geodesy and database stuff means. But users just want the who/what/when/where of a layer. Give us CSS and some config would be perfect! Then we can add custom metadata links and maybe even add a partial checkbox (you all know that is my favorite thing the world by now probably.. sorry to plug it again but really, our users need my LayerList TOC overhauls to be able to "get" the concept of layers, and actually use our webviewers, I have observed at least in our case from training that it's the user interface first, or all else doesn't matter!!)