Select to view content in your preferred language

strange labeling on print in 3.6

01-07-2014 11:10 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: imgooch

When using the OOTB print widget to print from my application I'm having an issue where any labels that are shown are getting drawn more than once, in some locations.  The labels appear as expected, once, in the application.  The weirdest part is that after looking at it for quite awhile I realized that the only features that get labeled multiple times are those that seemingly intersect an imaginary vertical and horizontal axis.  See the attached screenshots of the print.  I added the red lines on the one so the effect can be seen better.

Does this make any sense to anyone??  This happens on any layers that have labels (at least those that I have in my map service). I also tried turning off all other layers and it made no difference.

thanks!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: imgooch

oh and when I use the Advanced Print Widget (PCHPrintSOE), ALL of the labels get duplicated.

Strange!
0 Kudos
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor
After speaking with ESRI tech support...

It is apparently a bug that they already have in the system, but there is an easy work-around. Apparently, the DPI setting in the print widget config needs to be below a certain threshold. I'm not sure exactly what that number is but it is somewhere below 275 DPI. I had mine set at 300. Once I lowered it to 250, the issue went away.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: smenefee

Any clue of when or if they're going to fix this bug?  Setting the DPI that low makes our printouts look pretty bad...
0 Kudos
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor
Agreed.  They said it's in their bug list so I would hope that means it would be fixed at next release but I do not know.
0 Kudos