Singapore Grid XY to Web Mercator location error in StreetView Widgets

07-28-2011 07:03 PM
AndyKervell
New Contributor
To all Street view widget developers.

Firstly a big thanks to you guys for providing such amazing widgets and spending your time responding to these forum posts - you are all legends!

I have an issue though with conversion of the Flex viewer map point to the returned location in streetview (tested in both Streetview widgets). My map service is in Singapore Grid (ESPG: 24500) but the streetview returned location is about 183m east of that point. I have checked the ESRI geometryservice and it does give the correct lat long in WGS84 world Merc: 4326 so the map coordinate system is correct in Singapore Grid - so maybe it is the conversion to web mercator in the widget which is the problem. Any thoughts?

Some coordinates for you if you would like to check this out:

Singapore Grid coordinate (intersection of Cecil and McCallum Streets in downtown Singapore):
X: 29640 Y: 29078

Returned ESRI Geometry Service in Lat Long (4326) (checked in Bing/Google and correct)
103.849767E, 1.279308N

Actual Returned location in the two street view widgets:
103.84984E 1.27919N

This point is about 180m to the east of where it should be.

I would be very grateful for any thoughts or fixes you could suggest.  Setting up the map service back into web mercator is not an option as I don't want the server reprojection on the fly performance hit, and I need the coordinates (and original data) within the map to be in Singapore Grid.

Many thanks

Andy
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies