Select to view content in your preferred language

Popups Order in V3.0

07-06-2012 09:04 AM
MattPohl
Occasional Contributor II
Hey All-

I see that the popups in V3.0 support ordering..... that being that if you have a point on top of a polygon and they both have a popup associated with them, clicking on the point will return a popup that you can page through to get both the point and polygon popup. While this is nice, when I click on a point that is on top of a polygon, the first popup is for the polygon; the user has to page next to get to the appropriate popup for the point. While this is not a problem for me, I am sure some of my users will get confused from this action. Is there anyway to change the order, or to turn this feature off? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Matt
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
I reported this back in the pre-release and was listed as bug NIM081417.

Once I escalated it, the development team said it would be fixed by final release, but the bug is listed as "declined"????

I have email in to support to find out if it is not "fixed" or if there is some "new" tag one needs as it still does not appear to respect the popupconfig sublayer order.

Will let you know what I find out.

R_
0 Kudos
MattPohl
Hey rzufelt-

Thanks for posting this, I appreciate your info. Please do let me know what you find out from support if they get back to you. Thanks again.

~Matt
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
apparently there was a misunderstanding with the original tech support request.

They are looking into it.

R_
0 Kudos
MattPohl
Thanks rzufelt, much appreciated.

Matt
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
apparently, this is not included in the next release.

It was suggested that "we" post this on the ideas site explaining how it "should" work.

Have been told that crowd sourcing is a really good method for pushing enhancements into the Web APIs.

R_
0 Kudos