Select to view content in your preferred language

Layers turns unselected when zoom in / out

06-23-2013 11:54 AM
ThomasPuthusserry
New Contributor III
Recently upgraded to viewer 3.3 and a very funny situation develops in the layer control. I have seven layer groups, each containing 4 layers each with visibility of layers controlled by scale. In the first group I can use the zoom in /out tool or mouse scroll to zoom in and out and the map performs as expected. Turn off layer group 1 and and turn on layer group 2 and repeat the same process (zoom in / out or mouse scroll), all layers become unselected. This is same for all layer groups except the first group. I have tested the same map in Viewer 3.2 and it works fine. Has anyone observed this or just my own ?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
SarthakDatt
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Thomas,

Would it be possible for you to share the layer(s) used in the scenario described. If they are not public, then sharing the JSON metadata response of the layer infos would be helpful.
0 Kudos
ScottKiley
Occasional Contributor II
I am experiencing this same behavior.

It only happens with layers that are not tuned on by default in the map service.
It happens when the user turns on a grouped layer in the Flex Applicaiton, then zooms.

You can view the issue in a 3.3 version application here:
http://gis2.msa-ps.com/AdamsCityGIS/index.html?config=config_PubWorks.xml

If you expand the "City Map Layers" in the TOC widget and turn on the Tree or Sign inventories or any sub layer that is a grouped set of layers (in the Map service below), then zoom in or out the group will automatically turn off in the Flex Viewer.

You can view the rest endpoint of the service where this behavior is happening here:
http://gis2.msa-ps.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/AdamsCity/AdamsCityGIS/MapServer

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26078[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
TedChapin
Did you get any resolution on this issue?  I am experiencing the same thing.

Ted Chapin
SGC Engineering
Westbrook, ME
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you try this in version 3.4?
0 Kudos
EdgarNavarrette
New Contributor III
version 3.6 here. It is happening to us too. Any resolve?
0 Kudos
TonyBlades
New Contributor
Add my name to the list.  I had it in 3.5 and now in 3.6.  When I remove the layers from their groups, they all work fine.
0 Kudos
CarrieDavis
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

It sounds like you might be experiencing the following bug.  The issue occurs in Flex Viewer application for group layers in which the first layer has a scale dependency.  If you zoom in past the scale dependency of the first layer (which is turned off) the second layer that is turned on will be automatically turned off.

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDk0MjQx

One work around would be to use the same scale dependency for all layers within one group.  Contact Esri Support at support@esri.com if you would like to track this bug.
0 Kudos
TedChapin
So now 5 months and 2 versions later it's still not fixed in the 3.6 viewer.  Putting layers in groups and using scale dependencies is critical.  I still get complaints from my users who wish we could just go back to the "old" viewer (it was a web ADF viewer).  What do I tell them?  No more grouped layers?  No more scale dependencies?
0 Kudos
VincentNg1
New Contributor II
You cannot use both the Layer List Widget and the Mapswitcher, "include layer list" option in your viewer at the same time.

Use one or the other and you should no longer have this issue.

Cheers,

Mike