Select to view content in your preferred language

'Go Electric'  Sample App

04-14-2011 01:55 AM
SteveTest
New Contributor
I'm really looking forward to digging into the techniques of this sample app shown on front-page video.

Is it available? Will it be available soon?

Thanks
Steve
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
43 Replies
FrankRoberts
Occasional Contributor III
Julie, I just attempted to open the "GraphicDesignerGoElectric.fxp" file using Flash Catalyst.  It gave me the following error:

This FXP project has been modified outside of Flash Catalyst and cannot be opened.

Any idears?

Thanks yet again..

Frank
0 Kudos
LeeAllen
Occasional Contributor
Just want to thank Julie, I have taken her code and made a great looking and unique app.

Here's the link.
0 Kudos
FrankRoberts
Cool site, did you find a way to open the Flash Catalyst files?
0 Kudos
francescodi_vito
New Contributor
Hi guys,
i have a question. I'm using the "go electric demo" that Julie have posted here! But when i added any widgets of FlexViewer(esearch, selecyion, ecc) don't work. Why?
any help it's great
0 Kudos
LeeAllen
Occasional Contributor
Frank,

No, I did not use Flash Catalyst.  I used Julie's custom header and modified it.  she used 3 image files for the header component, left, right, and a repeat in the middle.  I used GIMP to create my own images and replaced the files.  I also added the "About" portion back in.

I also re-created the images for the custom skin to make the widgets match.  I started with a fresh download of 2.3.1 and went from there.

I can post the code if you would like to see it.
0 Kudos
francescodi_vito
New Contributor
hello guys,
i'm usin the widget findplace that Julie use in GoElectricApp. But now i have any problems on set position in the HeaderControllerWidget. Hi would like to set the find place near the "about" function.
What should I go to change and where?
Thanks
0 Kudos
FrankRoberts

I can post the code if you would like to see it.

Sure, please post it.  I'm hoping for some good session at the UC on re-skinning the FlexViewer.  Both of these would be a nice leg up!

Thanks,
Frank
0 Kudos
LeeAllen
Occasional Contributor
Here is the MXML file for the header controller.  You can find my changes by searching for "LJA", hopefully I initialed all of the spots I modified. 

To get the widget skin to match, I modified the PNG files on lines 90, 91, 92 in the \Skins\CustomWidgetTemplateSkin.mxml file (opened PNG, and applied a new gradient, keeping same image size).  These are located in Assets/Images/Custom.

Hope this is useful.
0 Kudos
JuliePowell
Esri Contributor
Hi all, just wanted to let you know... for those of you attending the UC this year: I have some great demos planned for the Flexviewer!! I will be covering:

- Dynamic configuration based on user login
- Single sign-on and integrating secured services in a "nice" way
- Skinning the viewer to target different screen resolutions
- Overview of integrating custom skins for the viewer

Bjorn will also discuss changing the look & feel using the new app builder.

This will be done in 3 demo theator sessions:

"Changing the Look and Feel of Your ArcGIS Viewer for Flex Application": Wednesday 5-5:45 and Thursday 12-12:45
"Creating Your Own Custom Widget for the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex": Thursday 11-11:45

Hope to see you all there!

Julie
0 Kudos
jerrysalinas
New Contributor
Hi-
How do you import this project into Flash Builder. I can't seem to have any luck. I downloaded the file, extracted it, then I do my usual File -> Import -> Flash Builder Project - > project Folder.....I browse to the folder, but it tells me, the folder does not contain a valid flash builder project. This is my normal process for importing other flex projects, yet I have no issues with those.

Can someone reply with a quick "how to".....

Thanks
jerry
0 Kudos