Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

Yes that is where you would change the max records returned by the server for that map service.

0 Kudos
TrevorOlexy
Deactivated User

I have a question, maybe it has been answered in the many long threads, but figure this is faster. Thanks Robert in advance and for all the helpful tips and work you've done with flex. I have advanced a great deal using your tools and following your forum advice on so many sites!

So, using eSearch, when I customize the 'Text Search' feature, is there a way to use a userlist AND a numeric/text input but in a way that does not require ALL fields have input? Eg:

<value prompt="Event Type: " userlist="this,here, here, here, here">EVENT_TYPE = '[value]'</value>

<value prompt="Fatalities: " operator="AND">FATALITIES = [value]</value>

but when I do this, I cannot search unless the userlist is selected AND a number of fatalities is entered. I can make separate search functions, but it seems that I should just be able to add to the SQL when needed and leave off if not. Possible?

0 Kudos
TrevorOlexy
Deactivated User

Ah nevermind, I see lower in the config that the isvalrequired is an attribute for expressions AND user prompts. Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Trevor,

Glad you saw that as it was what I was just about to post.

0 Kudos
TrevorOlexy
Deactivated User

So here's an idea. Is it possible to link the time-slider widget to the eSearch like the HeatMap example, so that the eSearch queries only the fields within the defined time scope? I have the layer time enabled and this works with the HeatMap widget, as the time slider moves, the heatmap changes.

0 Kudos
ChrisA
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,  even though I have 3.7.4 my table export to csv does not have the extension.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chris,

is your Operating System hiding file extensions for known file types?

0 Kudos
ChrisA
by
Occasional Contributor

No, I can see my file extensions on both the server and my desktop.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chris,

Double check that you are using the the latest version of the widget in your ap by holding the Alt key and clicking on the widgets header text. This while show a dialog report the widget version you are actually using.

0 Kudos
ChrisA
by
Occasional Contributor

Came back with 3.7.4, Build Date: 2/10/2015

0 Kudos