Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Corbin de Bruin,

When you click Query Related Records you will need to have an Object ID for one record in your layer, the Relationship ID: is the first number (0) in the text you posted, the Out Fields: just use *, and click the get button.
0 Kudos
CaseyMcMillin
New Contributor
Robert,
I think the issue is somehow associated with how my relationships are set up.  The related tables are in the SDE geodatabase with relationship classes.  In my rest services they do not show up like your examples in other forum posts. Mine show up like this:
LIMS.GIS.SSMAINASBUILTS (0) -- Related To: LIMS.GIS.SSMAINASBUILTS (45)
LIMS.GIS.SSTVPROJECTS (1) -- Related To: LIMS.GIS.SSTVPROJECTS (47)
Does that shed any more light on the issues? If I set up relates within the map document, it just duplicates that same Rest Relationship summary.
0 Kudos
Corbinde_Bruin
Occasional Contributor II

When you click Query Related Records you will need to have an Object ID for one record in your layer, the Relationship ID: is the first number (0) in the text you posted, the Out Fields: just use *, and click the get button.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23837[/ATTACH]

Thank you Robert,

I see it is not working there. I'll know to check this functionality in the future. What might be causing this?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Corbin de Bruin,

I don't have a good clue on that.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Casey,

Are the relate pointing a some flat table in an enterprise Geodatabase or flat database? Does your ArcGIS user has access to this database?
0 Kudos
CaseyMcMillin
New Contributor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23841[/ATTACH]Robert,
The relates are pointing at tables in the same enterprise geodatabase as the feature classes they are related to (there are also relationship classes for each relationship in that same geodatabase).  The entire geodatabase is registered in the datastore.
Thanks,
Casey
0 Kudos
Corbinde_Bruin
Occasional Contributor II
I don't have a good clue on that.

After much testing, I found that the relate doesn't work when you have two layers pointed at the same data source where one has a definition query. In my case, the definition query was not even on the layer I had the relate on. This seems to be an ESRI bug. I have not yet gotten around to reporting it, but I plan to.

Thank you for your help!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

There is a new version available:

Version 3.2.3 - 4/30/2013
* Added enablemultigraphicssearch
* Added enableincludetextsearch
* Added enableaddtollerance
* Added enablegraphicsbuffering
* Fixed disablelinkifnull issue
* Relate tab name is set to relate label from xml
* Fixed issue using uniquevalsfromfield when only having tables configured
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

This thread is no being closed as it is getting too long. Post new questions and discussions to this new thread:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/83504-Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer-Part-III
0 Kudos
WASA
by
New Contributor

GoodDay

I am  currently in the process of developing an enterprise GIS application and I  am  having problems as it relates to querying using the eSearch widget.  All queries using ESRI’s basic search widget works ,  however any query using the eSearch widget hangs if the number of returns to the query is > 3000. 

All other queries on the same field using the eSearch widget are successful.  I have used  the ‘repaired geometry’  tool on the data-set in question but it still does not work.  Could you please assist.  This problem has been occurring  for months.  I am  desperate for a solution and any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos