ArcGIS Viewer 3.2 for Flex released March 21, 2013 !!!

03-21-2013 03:25 PM
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Today we've released version 3.2.

Read the details in the What's New:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/index.html#/What_s_new_in_the_3_2_ArcGIS_Vi...

Notable features in 3.2 include:

• There is a new Directions widget

• Six new locales: Danish, Estonian, Hebrew, Latvian, Lithuanian and Portuguese (Portugal) - for a total of 22 supported locales.

• Application Builder supports adding WMS, WMTS, and Web Tiled layers.

• Swatches (symbols) displayed as part of the TOC ("More...") in Map Switcher widget, and in Layer List widget.

• Lots of other things

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
NoboruNAKURA1
New Contributor II
Hello Bjorn,

Thanks for release 3.2, but the compiled version does not contain apps folder that includes localized configuration files.
0 Kudos
ChrisNorth
Esri Contributor
Hi,

I think there might be an issue with the Application Builder Download for 3.2 (the .air file).  the download keeps failing around 10MB - I have tried downloading with IE, Firefox and Chrome and get the same result.  The Source code and compiled packages are fine.

Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor
Hi,

I think there might be an issue with the Application Builder Download for 3.2 (the .air file).  the download keeps failing around 10MB - I have tried downloading with IE, Firefox and Chrome and get the same result.  The Source code and compiled packages are fine.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris,
Could you please try to download this again? I'm not sure what was going on with your end but it works fine for me.

Thanks,
Heather
0 Kudos
ChrisNorth
Esri Contributor
Hi Heather,

Hmmm... I tried from another machine and it worked.  Sorry - must be some issue with virus scanner, firewall or something.  Anyway, thanks!

Chris
0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor
No problem, I'm just glad it's working for you.
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
... the compiled version does not contain apps folder that includes localized configuration files.

Correct, we no longer include those since those files were only used to create our resource center web site. (Or at least so we thought).  They are still available on the web site as localized samples.

To create a localized application, the better way is to use the Application Builder.

What were you using these files for? Is it something that isn't better done with application builder, or working with the source code?
0 Kudos
NoboruNAKURA1
New Contributor II
To create a localized application, the better way is to use the Application Builder.

I am glad the Application Builder has been improved at every new release and I understand it has become much valuable than the compiled version.
You may need to update the help about the compiled version. There are still descriptions about apps folder.
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/index.html#/Getting_started_with_the_ArcGIS...

I look forward to further improvement of the Application Builder, and of course, more updates for source code. Thanks!

Noboru Nakura
Esri Japan
0 Kudos
DominiqueBerger
New Contributor II
Hi guys

We have just migrated to the Flex Viewer 3.2 (we are still running ArcGIS Server 10). Has anyone been able to get the Elevation Profile Widget used in the Flex Viewer 3.2 to work with the ArcGIS Server 10 Elevation SOE?

The line draws and the graph box appears however it does not display the graph as expected.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23154[/ATTACH]

Thanks very much

Dominique 🙂
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Dominique,

The answer is that the widget was updated to the new ArcGIS Server 10.1 standard and no longer functions for 10.x server. Here is a thread that provides a code work around (make sure you read the whole thread page).

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/78715-Deactivate-zoom-button-on-zoom
0 Kudos