Vector tiles and their application to creating a multi-scale web map.

Jump to solution
09-16-2018 11:50 PM
CraigShephard2
New Contributor III

I publish thematic (vector) land use mapping products.

I'm hoping to apply the performance benefits of vector tiles and the style editor to create a multi-scale web map that can use the same tile package, and publish the web map using three different symbology's (unique value)—at three scale ranges.

The application... At small scale (state-wide) use primary land use class (6 classes), then at a larger (regional) scale use Secondary land use class (35 classes) and finally at large scale (sub-catchment) use the tertiary land use classes (195 classes).

I'm new to this (who isn't?) and note that the new Vector Tile Style Editor (Beta) works a charm but seems limited to Esri basemaps, not your own...?

In summary, I'm trying to avoid publishing three sets of vector tiles of effectively the same data.

Any tips gratefully appreciated.

Cheers, Craig.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AllanLaframboise
Occasional Contributor III

I don't think this is possible. Only one style can be applied to each layer style, although, you can control the range it is visible and have another layer underneath show a different color/style when the first layer goes out of range.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AllanLaframboise
Occasional Contributor III

I don't think this is possible. Only one style can be applied to each layer style, although, you can control the range it is visible and have another layer underneath show a different color/style when the first layer goes out of range.

0 Kudos