Problem running Styling and Visualization DevLab.

01-29-2019 01:21 PM
JamesKurbel
New Contributor II

Hello.  I started going through the "Styling and Visualization" Developers Lab that was suggested by an email I received the other day (see attachment).  I made it to Step 10 where the lab had me change the Admin0 forest or park/label/Default layer visibility zoom range number to 3.  When I did so, the map went blank.  I tried to increase the visibility number back to 5, but this didn't make the map visible again.  I restarted the lab a second time and the same thing happened again.  I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if this is perhaps a bug?  

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mrmark
by
Occasional Contributor

I have had the same problem multiple times. The minimaps or the main window, or all of them (what made me come searching Geonet) go blank. No matter how you zoom or refresh the page. I closed the browser and came back - still blank.

Ultimately I purged my browser's cache of everything from ArcGIS.com and it worked again. Kind of a pain, but the only way I've found to reliably get back to where you can see the maps (make sure to hit the save button before you leave - even though you can't see anything, it will save your changes). 

A man's feet should be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the world. - G. Santayana
0 Kudos
JamesKurbel
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the tip.  I'll give it a try the next time it happens.

0 Kudos