Update Subnetwork and Is Connected not updating

10-13-2020 02:03 PM
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to implement a Water Utility Network and am having trouble with my taps or junctions.  We have serveral mains that have taps connected at vertex's in the span at the main.  Then a service line is connected to that tap.  If this tap is connected in the span of the main instead of the end the Is Connected tool and Update Subnetwork does not assign the service line or the tap to the system.  

I was looking at the Naperville data and it shows whole mains without the mains split at the taps for the service lines. I'm also tried splitting a line or making a line off a controllable value and it still doesn't work correctly.

I disable and re-enabled network topology hoping this would help.  I also verified under the Water Line that the Network Edge Connection Policy is set to Any Vertex on Water Mains and Service Lines

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
SSMIC3038
Occasional Contributor III

Posting the solution in our case, not alot of info on this topic.

We loaded client storm water CAD data into the latest UN asset package. The load failed at the Device > Manhole Channel > Manhole Channel layer, specifically the 'activevol' field, we left that field null during the load as we don't have attribute data for it. That caused the load to fail.

So we inserted arbitrary value of "1", data load was successful. Long story short, it was this value that was keeping the subnetwork dirty and would not propogate the network past the first manhole channel upstream of the subnetwork controller. Once we flipped to 'activevol = 0' the subnetwork is clean and network updated properly.

ESRI, seems like a valid default should be enforced in the asset pacakage for this field.

This may not be other people's problem, but it could be.

0 Kudos
MatheusSparapani
New Contributor III

I have the same problem with the "Update is Connected", this tool don't update my WaterLine, so, i can't create de SubnetWork for all my line, Some Can I Help me?

MatheusSparapani_0-1659030968095.png

0 Kudos
ShakhawatTanim1
New Contributor

I am also having same problem with my sewer UN.  With the trace, no devices are getting selected except the sewer lines. I tired updating subnetwork and update is connected. But neither of these is not changing IsConnected to true. Any solutions?

0 Kudos