Terminal Rules question

Jump to solution
04-12-2024 01:16 PM
BryanMay531
Occasional Contributor

I don't understand the error here,  why would rules 1126 and 1131 conflict?

It seems to me the recloser has 2 terminals and a connection should allowed on both sides,

BryanMay531_0-1712952827241.png

BryanMay531_1-1712952875495.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BogdanHristozov
Occasional Contributor

We have this situation quite often. The Sectionalizer has two terminals so be careful to connect only two line elements to it. Take a look at the following pictures. The users tend to draw the Sectionalizer on top of the pole, but this leads to a mistake, because all 4 lines are then snapped to the Sectionalizer. If you look closer at the first picture you will see the Sectionalizer is disconnecting only the line going west, so what we do is to move the Sectionalizer away from the pole and then to connect it only on both sides with edges:

Seectionalizer-field-picture.png

Seectionalizer-draw-scenario.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The connectivity is ambiguous because either of those lines could be connected to either of those terminals, and you haven't used the modify terminal connections tool to specify which line is connected to which terminal. Once you do that the error will go away.

Also, I hope that third line isn't also spatially coincident with that recloser.

BogdanHristozov
Occasional Contributor

We have this situation quite often. The Sectionalizer has two terminals so be careful to connect only two line elements to it. Take a look at the following pictures. The users tend to draw the Sectionalizer on top of the pole, but this leads to a mistake, because all 4 lines are then snapped to the Sectionalizer. If you look closer at the first picture you will see the Sectionalizer is disconnecting only the line going west, so what we do is to move the Sectionalizer away from the pole and then to connect it only on both sides with edges:

Seectionalizer-field-picture.png

Seectionalizer-draw-scenario.png

0 Kudos