Select to view content in your preferred language

Subnetwork not showing in SubnetLine Feature Class

Jump to solution
05-20-2024 03:11 AM
lzorloni
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I'm facing an issue creating a Subnetwork for the Electric Model.

lzorloni_3-1716199555130.png

• Device: Medium Voltage Generation / Interconnect MV
  • Line connected to itMedium Voltage Underground Conductor / Three Phase MV
  • Terminal connection: CBD: Line Side
  • Controller:

lzorloni_0-1716199172511.png

When I run the "Update Subnetwork", the tools runs correctly but the SubnetLine FC (and the corrisponding layer in the attribute table) is empty.

The "weird" thing is that if I click the "View Subnetwork" pane I see all the tests I've done and all the Subnetwork controllers I tried to set.

Am I doing something wrong? 

Thank you everyone,

Lorenzo

lzorloni_1-1716199467212.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

When you trace the subnetwork, how many features are selected? If it's just the controller then you need to review the connections to your controller and your network attributes to see why the trace is stopping.

If your tier has phase propagation and your device doesn't have phase, then none of the features downstream of the controller will become energized.

If your controller, or what it's connected to, match one or more of your condition barriers (device is open, lifecyclestatus isn't 'in service' or 'proposed remove', etc) then the trace will stop on those features.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

When you trace the subnetwork, how many features are selected? If it's just the controller then you need to review the connections to your controller and your network attributes to see why the trace is stopping.

If your tier has phase propagation and your device doesn't have phase, then none of the features downstream of the controller will become energized.

If your controller, or what it's connected to, match one or more of your condition barriers (device is open, lifecyclestatus isn't 'in service' or 'proposed remove', etc) then the trace will stop on those features.

0 Kudos
lzorloni
New Contributor II

Thank you Robert!!

The issue was on the field "Phases Energized". It was null so the traces stopped.

lzorloni_0-1716213356805.png

I changed the value and now it works! Thank you!

Can I ask you if it's possible to delete all the tests I did that show up in the Subnetwork View Pane? Even if I delete the controller they still show up.

Lorenzo

lzorloni_1-1716213481557.png

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, to delete a subnetwork you will need to follow the steps in the online help: Delete a subnetwork—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation. We make it a multiple-step process to ensure that all the features get properly removed and there is an acknowledgement that can be synchronized with an external system (if required).