"Network topology must be enabled" after enabling Network topology on Utility Network

Jump to solution
07-08-2019 04:37 AM
KillianPaenen
New Contributor II

Hi all,

This issue started since upgrading ArcGIS Pro and untools to 2.4 and wasn't present in 2.3.
Staging and deploying a Utility Network works fine but it starts after running the Enable Network Topology tool (both Gas and Electric have the same issues since then). The tool itself succeeds but every other UN tool ran hereafter fails with the error:

ERROR 001793: Network topology must be enabled.

The network topology however, is enabled and trying to run Enable Network Topology again results in:

ERROR 001803: The network topology already exists.

Even the Utility Network's properties show that it is enabled:

This contradicting error proves to be quite the hassle, but there is more!
The Validate Topology and Trace tools fail with ERROR 001793 when ran from the Geoprocessing tab, but they succeed when ran from the ribbon. Since the ribbon doesn't contain all tools, we're still unable to run e.g. Update Subnetwork or Create Diagram.

I already tried restaging the UN and reapplying the asset package, resharing it to Portal, disabling and reenabling the network topology, but the error keeps returning. Even on Esri's sample data...

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Killian Paenen

23 Replies
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Hussein, 

When did patch one get released (pro 2.4.1)? Or when is this planned to be available?

0 Kudos
CaitlinTodd
New Contributor II

Hello there, 

I'm having the same problem as well with a utility network that has been published to 10.7.1 services as well. 

0 Kudos
BillyBuerger
Occasional Contributor II

I was getting this same error running Server 10.6.1 and Pro 2.3.2 and found this discussion looking for help.  But since my versions didn't match, the issue didn't apply to me.  What I finally found out was that when publishing my UN, I forgot about the step to flip over to the Configuration section and check the "Version Management" box.  Once I did this, the errors went away and everything worked.  Not sure if this is your issue but thought I would mention it.

Seems to be a common issue I've been running into with the UN.  Something doesn't work but the error messages are vague or do little to help understand what minor little thing was missed or wasn't done correctly.

HusseinNasser2
Esri Contributor

Pro 2.4.2 is now live and should fix this problem.

Thanks for reporting this and again apologies for taking this long, the patch is large and has a lot of good performance fixes across the entire system not just utility network.

-Hussein

0 Kudos