Network diagram template symbology non-spatial objects

Jump to solution
06-21-2021 05:46 AM
JelmerAkkerman
New Contributor II

I'm working with non-spatial objects in a Utility Network version 4 and created a network diagram template (ArcGIS Pro 2.7.3, Enterprise 10.8.1). I've been able to apply map symbology to this template from a map that holds a database connection for all my spatial features using the Create Diagram Layer Definition GP tool. Upon diagram creation using this template, the diagram also visualizes the non-spatial objects that have a containment association with selected spatial objects; for instance Structure Junction Objects within a Structure Boundary, but it uses a default symbology. How do I set my own symbology and how can I add labeling for these non-spatial objects in the diagram template?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AYBlin
by
New Contributor II

Hi Jelmer

The Create Diagram Layer Definition GP tool allows you to initialize diagram layer definitions on your diagram template. It is the first tool to use so any network features that keep the same geometry type in your diagrams are represented in the same way they look in your network map. However, for non spatial objects or for network features for which there is a geometry change in your diagrams (network boundaries transformed as collapsed feature points in your diagrams or network points transformed as polygons in your network diagrams), this tool only initializes default basic layer definitions.

Next, for those layers, there is a second workflow to execute to refine and customize your diagram layer definition. This workflow is detailed here: Customize settings on existing diagram sublayers

Hopping this helps, Thanks

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AYBlin
by
New Contributor II

Hi Jelmer

The Create Diagram Layer Definition GP tool allows you to initialize diagram layer definitions on your diagram template. It is the first tool to use so any network features that keep the same geometry type in your diagrams are represented in the same way they look in your network map. However, for non spatial objects or for network features for which there is a geometry change in your diagrams (network boundaries transformed as collapsed feature points in your diagrams or network points transformed as polygons in your network diagrams), this tool only initializes default basic layer definitions.

Next, for those layers, there is a second workflow to execute to refine and customize your diagram layer definition. This workflow is detailed here: Customize settings on existing diagram sublayers

Hopping this helps, Thanks