Limitation on number of Subnetworks

Jump to solution
06-14-2023 09:28 AM
I_P
by
New Contributor II

Hi, 

Is there a limitation on the maximum number of Subnetworks that can be managed within a Tier in UN?
Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Agree with John's statement on the degrade but Esri Inc does have plans on improving these within ArcGIS Pro. The electric utility network I helped deploy a solution that has over 260,000 subnetworks within a single tier. This tier represents the LV circuits across Queensland, Australia

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

I think the limitation will be usability once you get a very large number of subnetwork in a single tier.  I have seen more than 50,000 subnetworks in a tier, during testing, but the usability of some dialogs will degrade dramatically.  

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Agree with John's statement on the degrade but Esri Inc does have plans on improving these within ArcGIS Pro. The electric utility network I helped deploy a solution that has over 260,000 subnetworks within a single tier. This tier represents the LV circuits across Queensland, Australia

0 Kudos
I_P
by
New Contributor II

Were there any issues using the Update Subnetwork once UN has been activated?

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Update Subnetwork is used in an overnight batch process to update 1 subnetwork at a time. The Validation process result tells use which subnetwork to update. There is no way we could run the Update Subnetwork process over the entire network at once.

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

If you have hundreds of thousands of subnetworks, then the first time you run update subnetwork and you have to do it on all those subnetworks it's going to take a while. Once all your subnetworks have been updated you should only have to worry about updating the ones that have changed, as long as the tier that contains the subnetworks is configured to manage status (Manage IsDirty=True in the set subnetwork definition tool).

0 Kudos