Select to view content in your preferred language

Hosting UPDM on the ArcGIS Online platform

Jump to solution
09-06-2022 05:27 AM
neomapper
Occasional Contributor

Hey all,

Are we able to host the UPDM file geodatabase on the AGOL platform? 

Thanks,

Jordan

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JSchroeder
Esri Contributor

Greetings @neomapper,

I assume that you are wanting to know if you can use UPDM in ArcGIS Online and have the benefit of the Utility Network features like subnetwork management, tracing, etc... The answer is no. ArcGIS Online does not have the capabilities required to utilize UPDM in a network capacity.

The Gas Distribution Data Management solution is based off UPDM and is closely aligned, but I want to be clear that this is similar only in schema and does not include the capabilities of the Utility Network. This solution is intended for organizations who do not require the advanced capabilities of the Utility Network and want to align their features with UPDM.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JSchroeder
Esri Contributor

Greetings @neomapper,

I assume that you are wanting to know if you can use UPDM in ArcGIS Online and have the benefit of the Utility Network features like subnetwork management, tracing, etc... The answer is no. ArcGIS Online does not have the capabilities required to utilize UPDM in a network capacity.

The Gas Distribution Data Management solution is based off UPDM and is closely aligned, but I want to be clear that this is similar only in schema and does not include the capabilities of the Utility Network. This solution is intended for organizations who do not require the advanced capabilities of the Utility Network and want to align their features with UPDM.

Hope this helps.

neomapper
Occasional Contributor

Where would I find the latest UPDM?

0 Kudos
JSchroeder
Esri Contributor

Link for the latest Gas and Pipeline Referencing Utility Network Foundation which includes the UPDM data model: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-solutions/latest/reference/introduction-to-gas-and-pipeline-referen...