Select to view content in your preferred language

Electric Utility Network - Domestic Solar PV System

Jump to solution
02-09-2024 06:18 AM
MatteoMagnani
New Contributor

Hello everyone,
I wonder how it is possible to manage, via the Utility Network, an electricity network capable of providing electricity to the users (source subnetwork controller type) and, at the same time, manage the electricity produced and fed into the network by the users via domestic photovoltaic systems (sink subnetwork controller type). Has anyone already experienced a similar situation? Or are you aware of future developments in this direction?
Thank you everyone

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jens_Dalsgaard
Occasional Contributor

For domestic PV production I would recommend maintaining such information in a separate customer / meter management system.

And then, having service points and meter connections registered in UN, integrate the information from this third party system into GIS.

This master data management approach removes double efforts managing this information in several systems.

With such approach you may also benefit from other information from the third-party customer management / MDM system (meter type, consumption, planned replacement of meters, critical customers, ...)

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
jens.dalsgaard&@volue.com
Volue Technology Denmark A/S
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
9220 Aalborg Øst, Denmark
volue.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jens_Dalsgaard
Occasional Contributor

For domestic PV production I would recommend maintaining such information in a separate customer / meter management system.

And then, having service points and meter connections registered in UN, integrate the information from this third party system into GIS.

This master data management approach removes double efforts managing this information in several systems.

With such approach you may also benefit from other information from the third-party customer management / MDM system (meter type, consumption, planned replacement of meters, critical customers, ...)

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
jens.dalsgaard&@volue.com
Volue Technology Denmark A/S
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
9220 Aalborg Øst, Denmark
volue.com
0 Kudos
MatteoMagnani
New Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion Jens.