Electric Cable Mount Detail Table & Associated Relationship Class

Jump to solution
11-18-2021 04:24 AM
AnneSantaMaria
New Contributor III

We've downloaded the latest electrical utility network asset package from the AGO solutions page (Electric Data Management For ArcGIS EnterpriseV1) and I had some questions about two relationship classes: Electric Junction_Structure Mount  and Electric CableMount_ Electric Junction. Specifically, what is the difference between the two items and why are there two relationship classes for these. Both relationship classes have the same properties but with different names. They both have the origin set to electric junction feature class and the destination set to the electric cable mount detail table. When you review the data dictionary for the cable mount detail table the description is this, "These are related records to the wire table and the electric junction table. The rows represent the attachment position of the wire."  But there is no relationship between the wire information tables and the cable mount table. I might be totally missing something but any clues would be helpful.

AnneSantaMaria_0-1637237440010.png

AnneSantaMaria_1-1637238049317.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Hi Anne,

You have encountered an error in our released model.  The two relationships should have been between StructureJunction and ElectricWire, as shown in the picture below.  In our next release of the Electric Model, we will be moving all this information to non-spatial objects and removing these relationships.

If you would like to have a preview of the model method of storing this information, please feel free to contact me directly at jalsup@esri.com.  

JohnAlsup_0-1637320425990.png

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Hi Anne,

You have encountered an error in our released model.  The two relationships should have been between StructureJunction and ElectricWire, as shown in the picture below.  In our next release of the Electric Model, we will be moving all this information to non-spatial objects and removing these relationships.

If you would like to have a preview of the model method of storing this information, please feel free to contact me directly at jalsup@esri.com.  

JohnAlsup_0-1637320425990.png

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com