I have deployed a Water, Sewer, and now Electric Utility Networks. On my Water and Sewer I took the default Network Editor maps and pointed it to my SDE and then published a Map Image Layer for View only for Web Applications (no editing capabilities). I didn't change any of the subtypes within the map, I just added labels and scales. However, when I do the same thing for Electrical the Web Map in Portal is showing my coded domain values instead of the name, see below of what I except it to look like and what I get. Is there a setting somewhere within the Pro project that will allow this when publishing that it would have been set for Water and Sewer, but not Electrical? I checked the share layer window and the settings all seem to be the same. I'm using Pro 2.6.7 and Enterprise/Portal 10.8.1 for this.
Also, the feature layer and map image layer that was shared for editing capabilities with the Electric Utility Network map pulls up the labels correctly in a Portal Web Map.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Tracked down the problem with the map service not working after increasing the domain code. Because of the count of domains, there was not enough heap size, causing the server to crash. If you check your logs, you will see this.
If you follow this article, and change the heap size to 128 - https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000011736, the service works
A little more side by side comparison of the rest service and the ones that are displaying the coded values instead of the names does not contain the types section. I'm not sure how to even include or not include that when publishing a service.
Have a look at the Configuration tab -> Properties icon. When you expand the Advanced drop-down, there an entry for "Max number of coded domains". Whatever is the default, try increasing that number. I found that when i first published to portal with the default value, my domains were also not coming across. After increasing this value, the domains came through. I'm not sure if this is the proper way of doing it, but it worked for me.
We're on ArcGIS Pro 2.6.3 along with Enterprise 10.8.1
I would log a bug with tech support. They are best suited to track down the issue. Increasing the domain count should fix the issue. If the service becomes unresponsive, we need to figure out why.
I did submit a support ticket yesterday afternoon and waiting on response. I just want to put this on the this thread, that I noticed the Type ID field in the service directory doesn't have Asset Group set to it, like on my other working services. Would changing the coded domain values in the service layer make that show or not show depending on the value or is this set somewhere else?
Can you post a screen shot of the TOC of the web map that this is not working in? Are you adding the layer as a map service image layer or a feature layer(pointing to the feature service or layer of the map service)
I'm publishing from ArcGIS Pro from an SDE database that has symbology of asset type. Pretty much I have taken the Electric Network Editor map that comes with the Pro project for the Electric Utility network and repointed it to my SDE and then published that as a map image. I have done the exact thing to Water and Sewer and it worked with them.
Same result with the Type ID field being N/A. The only one I can get to publish correctly is via the Electric Utility Network Map which is just where they have it all as gray symbols and it is broke down by asset group. The odd thing is it worked with the Network Editor for Sewer and Water both with no issues at all. The only thing I changed on those was I pointed the layers to my SDE and changed a few coloring on the symbology and labels.