Copying a Utility Network from SDE to FGDB

Jump to solution
03-28-2020 04:56 PM
rbae
by
New Contributor III

In ArcGIS Pro 2.5, I created a Utility Network with 2 Domain Networks in an SDE GeoDatabase.  When I try to copy the feature dataset containing the UN to a File GDB, it fails (around 3%) with the following error:

Does a UN require data before it can be moved?  It would be nice to be able to copy a blank UN to a FGDB for testing.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amayaesri
New Contributor
0 Kudos
8 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Ryan,

In the 'untools' toolbox there should a gp tool to export the asset package. Give that a go.

Good luck

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos
rbae
by
New Contributor III

I export the asset package, then I have to import the asset package to the File GeoDatabase?  This requires me to have a functioning Utility Network in the File GeoDatabase first.

This is not what I want - I want an empty File GeoDatabase, with the ability to copy/paste everything that I have from an Enterprise GDB, including the utility network.

This is a simple function with the Geometric Network, and it just looks like a bug in ArcGIS Pro 2.5.

0 Kudos
LarryYoung
Esri Contributor

Hi Ryan,

Exporting and importing an asset package is the current way to move utility networks from one geodatabase to another.

We are working on copy/paste capabilities, but do not expect them to be available for another release or two.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Larry

rbae
by
New Contributor III

Thanks Larry.  It's good to know that the functionality is on the way.

0 Kudos
sjet1010
New Contributor III

Any progress on this? I am using version 2.9 (Arcpro).

0 Kudos
amayaesri
New Contributor

Hi sjet1010,

At ArcGIS Pro 2.9 we now have the XML workspace process.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/utility-network/utility-network-dataset-administr...

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

According to the what's new in ArcGIS Pro 2.9 release notes you can not only use the xml workspace process, but you can also use a regular copy/paste to move the utility network dataset.

0 Kudos