Containment Error: The point feature/object is already content.

Jump to solution
03-07-2022 09:04 AM
JonathanDaweEsriUK
New Contributor II

I am confused about an error I am seeing when trying to create a containment association between a Device Feature and multiple Assembly features.

"Error: Unable to complete operation., The point feature/object is already content."

JonathanDaweEsriUK_0-1646672938296.png

Workflow:

-  Electric Utility Network Foundation template version 3.4 published to V 10.8.1 Portal.

-  A user attempts to Contain a Electric Device : Medium Voltage Switch inside of three Electric Assembly : Medium Voltage Switch Banks

Questions:

- The documentation states that:

A utility network supports nested containment as well as a one-to-many relationship between content and containers.

I can replicate one-to-many behaviour for lines - e.g. containing a duct within multiple trenches. I cannot however do this for point network features, such as containing a device in multiple assemblies (of the same type or otherwise).

Is there a restriction not documented about where one-to-many containment is valid/invalid? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

@JonathanDaweEsriUK Nested containment is supported ( i.e. For example, a substation can contain a junction box, and the junction box contains electrical devices...) ; however, we do not allow for a point feature/junction object to be contained by more than one container.

I have created an issue internally to improve the documentation and clarify supported containment configurations.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

@JonathanDaweEsriUK Nested containment is supported ( i.e. For example, a substation can contain a junction box, and the junction box contains electrical devices...) ; however, we do not allow for a point feature/junction object to be contained by more than one container.

I have created an issue internally to improve the documentation and clarify supported containment configurations.