Can we have Line or Point Error without Dirty Area while fixing Topology error in UN?

06-16-2020 02:03 AM
SimpyJaiswal
New Contributor II

While fixing Topology error I fixed some of the errors and all the dirty area for that particular region are gone. However it still shows me Line error - "Line has an invalid terminal" without any Dirty area around it. I don't see any reason for the error as well. Is it an issue with refreshing of errors or there is an error that I am not able to understand?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Simpy Jaiswal Did you see the section on Error feature management

Error feature management—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation ‌

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
SimpyJaiswal
New Contributor II

yes. I have gone thru that document. The issue here is that I have fixed whatever was required(according to me). The dirty area disappears after Validate Current Extent but the line error does not disappear.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Error 36 in the table, seems to have a number of causes and options, just checking that you covered them all.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
SimpyJaiswal
New Contributor II

yes.. checked them all. Most of them get resolved completely while 3-4 of them have only line errors and the dirty area disappears. Seems to be an issue with getting refreshed.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Simpy Jaiswal‌ there is no issues reported on the support site,

Esri Support | ArcGIS Technical Support 

so if it is still an issue, you might want to investigate it with Tech Support

... sort of retired...
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Simpy Jaiswal

Yes, I was experiencing a couple of days ago while making some data model changes and republishing the UN feature service. In my case following solution worked-

1. restarted  the UN  feature service 
  2. refreshed and reconciled  the version

Hope this will help you.

Manoj

JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

Simpy Jaiswal‌  Are you still encountering this behavior?  I am curious what you see in the point and line error features and dirty areas attribute tables when this issue is present.  Are you able to re-create the issue by generating a scenario with error 36?  When you validate the extent are error features created in the toaster at the top right of the screen or does it indicate that no dirty areas exist?

If reproducible could you provide some screenshots to display the issue and provide the version of ArcGIS Pro/ Enterprise are you using when this is encountered?

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos
SimpyJaiswal
New Contributor II

No Jon. It got resolved by itself. Probably a case of not getting refreshed. Will research in detail when I encounter such issue again.