Can the 'Apply Asset Package' gp tool be run multiple times over the same UtilityNetwork

Jump to solution
04-24-2019 05:17 PM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

I'm just wondering can the 'Apply Asset Package' gp tool be run multiple times on the same UtilityNetwork that was staged within the enterprise geodatabase?

Trying to determine the workflow as I develop up my asset package configurations (eg. extend Asset Groups, add new Asset Type and their associated coded domains, new attribute rules with db sequences, etc).

Not sure if the enterprise geodatabase has to be rebuilt and the 'Stage Utility Network' gp tool run every time the apply asset package when new configurations are added. I assumed the rebuild steps would have to be done when the Asset Groups are changed (eg removed) as this system is designed as an 'additive' approach.

Thanks for your time with this

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

As long as you are not loading data*, you can apply the asset package multiple times to the same UN and only the differences will be applied. You can get into odd scenarios though if you modify both the UN and asset package and then attempt to apply the asset package again.

You are correct though, if you make a non-additive change to the asset package, applying can fail since it is in conflict with the UN.

* loading data is not additive, so you'll get GlobalID collisions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

As long as you are not loading data*, you can apply the asset package multiple times to the same UN and only the differences will be applied. You can get into odd scenarios though if you modify both the UN and asset package and then attempt to apply the asset package again.

You are correct though, if you make a non-additive change to the asset package, applying can fail since it is in conflict with the UN.

* loading data is not additive, so you'll get GlobalID collisions.

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Paul,

Thank you again for your help this.

I'll be treading carefully with this. At the moment, no data is being loaded but that will come in a few more interations of the asset package.

For now my approach is try to apply it and if it fails, rebuild the database and try again and if it still fails, go to Geonet

0 Kudos