Select to view content in your preferred language

002941: An expected Field was not found or could not be retrieved properly.

4 weeks ago
rohanrajan_hms
New Contributor III

I am working on creating an asset package from scratch. I am aware that for the Electric Model, Lifecyle Status, PhaseChange fields are essential to run a trace. I have built a bare minimum asset package for my purpose and it has the both fields in all the appropriate feature classes. Still after data loading I am unable to Enable Network Topology and this error is thrown.

002941: An expected Field was not found or could not be retrieved properly.

Now the error description does not have any information on which field I have missed, or in which feature class it is missing

@RobertKrisher any insight or direction on this would help!

Kindly help, 

Thank You,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PierreloupDucroix
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Be careful not to confuse an asset package (a 'flat' geodatabase containing UN data and data model description ) with a utility network (a geodatabase containing a utility network dataset and topology rules, etc.)

How did you create your utility network ? Did you use tools such as "Stage Utility Network" or "Create Utility Network" ?

If you want to create a UN from scratch, these tools should create a set of mandatory feature classes and fields (subnetworkname, assetgroup and assettype, isconnected, tiername, etc.). Then you will have to add domains, asset groups, asset types, terminals and categories, edge connectivity, tiers, network rules and attributes before you load your data and enable topology.

0 Kudos
rohanrajan_hms
New Contributor III

Hi, 

Yes I followed all the steps you mentioned. Only then I loaded the data. After that I get this error.

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

It sounds like you have removed a field used as a network attribute or in propagation.  Did you use the d_configure table to remove items? If not, that is how you should do it.

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
rohanrajan_hms
New Contributor III

I did not remove fields from an asset package, I am creating a Utility Network from scratch to build an Asset Package. I added the Network Attributes and Set the Network Attributes to appropriate fields. Even then, I am getting this error.

Is there any way to find out what I am missing? Or any tool to add all required fields to a utility network without upgrading to 3.3. 
My ArcGIS Pro version is 3.2, at present I cannot upgrade to 3.3

Please help.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Can you share your asset package?  Lots of variables here.  Schema only is fine.  

0 Kudos