What's new in ArcGIS Survey123 June 2023 Webinar Recording and Q&A

06-28-2023 10:43 AM
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

On June 28, 2023, we hosted a 60' webinar covering highlights from our June 2023 release . Thanks to all who attended!  Below you will find the recording, common questions and slides.

Recording

Slides

Click here to download

Questions and Answers

What's new in the web designer:

• Can I configure a dynamic list with a polygon layer? Yes, you can populate a list using standalone tables, point, polyline and polygon layers.
  • Will dynamic lists work against ArcGIS Enterprise layers? Yes. You can build a dynamic list against a layer targeting a multi-user geodatabase or an Enterprise hosted layer (or standalone table).
  • Dynamic lists are awesome! Can I use that same concept in Survey123 Connect? Yes. It is possible to create a dynamic list in XLSForm through the search() appearance. Check out this blog post by @BrettStokes 
  • Can I populate questions in my form by clicking on a polygon in the map? Check this video to learn the basic steps. If you want to use Survey123 Connect for this, check this blog.
  • Can I use the range question type in Connect? Yes.  The equivalent to the Slider question in Survey123 Connect is called the Range question type. Read this help topic for details.
  • Is there any way to import translations using Survey123 Connect? Not yet, but this is planned for our Q4 2023 release.

What's new in the mobile app:

• Does location sharing work in ArcGIS Enterprise? Yes. Check this help topic.
  • Will location sharing work if I am disconnected? Yes, although the mobile app will not be able to send the location sharing data until you reconnect.
  • Should I expect more battery usage when location sharing is on? Survey123 optimizes the use of your GPS and network but yes, it will consume more battery when location sharing is active.
  • Good touch adding an option to require location sharing. However, can I enforce it for a particular survey only? Thanks for bringing this up! I totally forgot to describe this in the webinar! In the Survey123 website, go to your survey and open the Settings dialog. You will find an option to enforce location sharing at the survey level.

IsmaelChivite_0-1687994595807.png

• Will the location sharing accuracy be good if out of cell coverage? Survey123 uses the built-in GPS in your device (unless you connect to an external GNSS receiver) to get location data.  Cell coverage does not affect the accuracy of your location data, unless your device is configured not to use the GPS.
  • Is Location Sharing licensing available for Creator users as well? Check with your Esri Account Manager.
  • Where does all location data go? To the ArcGIS tracking layers in your organization. Check the Location Sharing  Deployment Guide with Survey123
  • I like the new image redaction features in the smart assistants. Can I edit the image once it has been redacted? No.
  • Since, field survey is time sensitive, can redaction be accomplished at a later time or does it have to be right after the image is taken? Redaction can be accomplished at a later time but would not be able to use Smart Assistants and would need to use a third party workflow. 
  • Where I can learn more about image redaction?  Check this blog and this help topic.
  • Do you have a tutorial describing how to configure smart attributes using the Common Object Detection model? Find it here
  • Do you have a smart assistant able to extract text from a photo? Not yet, but we are currently working on it. 

Automation:

• Do Power Automate generated reports cost AGO credits? Yes. When you create a Survey123 report, it consumes credits. The only exception is when you use the Survey123 report service from ArcGIS Enterprise. Check this blog for some additional info.
  • You said ArcGIS Enterprise users can use the Survey123 Report service at no cost, but with some limitations. What are these limitations? Check this help topic.
  • Does the Power Automate and Survey123 connection/authentication still need to be refreshed every two weeks? Unfortunately yes. The team is working to resolve this but we do not have an exact date for resolution.
  • How do I set up an automated workflow in Power Automate with a survey that is in Portal? Please see this Support KB article for the workflow of using Power Automate with ArcGIS Enterprise
  • When did you say you will have a webinar covering report scheduling? Next week! Register here.

Road Ahead:

• What did you mean by Machine Translation? Check the animation below.

Auto-Translate Survey123 Draft Design.gif

0 Replies