Why is my custom Survey123 app not appearing in iTunes File Sharing.

Jump to solution
02-13-2018 07:05 AM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

Since I have upgraded my custom S123 app to 2.5.4 I have lost the ability to see the app "on my device" when plugged into itunes for the purposes of File Sharing (AKA S123 lost data and images and I need to recover it).

In previous builds, at lease 2.3, I could still see my custom app in File Sharing within iTunes.

Any help is appreciated.

Changes made to Survey123 Code are images, color scheme & preconfigured Portal; nothing major.  Also, these same changes did not affect previous builds like on version 2.3 (where file transfer worked).  I am also using all of the same settings (certs, provisioning, app id...etc.) within app studio. This leads me to believe it is not my changes that prevent file transfer within iTunes.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi T L,

Would this be coincidental with upgrading to iOS 11?  There's a new permission in the capabilities section of appinfo.json that needs to be added - capabilities.filesharing should be true.  I see that it hasn't been applied to the Survey123 template- we'll get that updated for the future.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi T L,

Would this be coincidental with upgrading to iOS 11?  There's a new permission in the capabilities section of appinfo.json that needs to be added - capabilities.filesharing should be true.  I see that it hasn't been applied to the Survey123 template- we'll get that updated for the future.