Why do Feature report maps not work if they contain WMS layers?

05-27-2020 07:23 AM
RABConsultants
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am building a new Survey and a set of custom feature report templates. As part of the report i would like to use a webmap from my AGOL account to help show the risk from surface water to the particular property. I have the web map saved within my account. The surface water data is accessed via 3 WMS layers from the UK Government. In the feature report I call the webmap using the following: 

${Surfacewatermap | mapSettings: “4bbbf59a6a37459890c0b21ade55ecc2”:5000 | size:600:500}

However, when running the report it will always time out with the following error

Failed to print map for ${Surfacewatermap|mapSettings:"4bbbf59a6a37459890c0b21ade55ecc2":5000|size:600:500}. waiting for function failed: timeout 180000ms exceeded

I can create the map without issues if i upload the surface water data as a vector tile layer and save as a new web map. But that would result in frequently having to update the map as the data is reissued every so often. Is there something i can do to get WMS layers to work?

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RABConsultants
New Contributor II

Still unable to solve this, has anyone had similar experiences?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hello,

Apologies for the delay in response.  In testing, I am not seeing the presence of a WMS layer causing timeouts in the generation of a report.  It may be there is something particular to the WMS service you are using?  Could you open an Esri Support ticket to work on troubleshooting this issue?

0 Kudos
RABConsultants
New Contributor II

Hi James, 

I have submitted the ticket and will update this if a fix is found in case it is useful for others

Rob

0 Kudos