Why can't I see some of the surveys I created via survey123.arcgis.com hub?

01-11-2017 11:38 PM
HamidYunus
New Contributor III

The documentation states the following (under the Sign in and Access your surveys section):

"Only the user account that published the survey has access to it in the Survey123 website initially. Regardless of the authorization levels of the member accounts you set up in the Create a group exercise, these accounts will be unable to access it."

This leads me to ask about something that I am unclear on: It seems that when I, as the organization's Admin, create and publish the survey and change ownership of those surveys to another member within my organization, I actually do not see those surveys under "My Surveys". So:

1. Is this by design where only the Owner of the Survey Form and Feature Service can see and analyze these surveys?
  2. If it is by design, then perhaps the documentation needs to be altered to state something to the effect of: "Only the user account that published owns the survey has access to it in the Survey123 website initially".
  3. If not by design, then what could be causing this issue?
  4. Lastly, if it is by design, then what would be the recommended workflow for publishing the surveys where I need to be able to not just publish them and change the ownership to another member, but I also want the ability to still be able to view those surveys in Hub and be able to analyze results? in this case, would I: a) publish the Surveys; b) go to Survey123 hub and configure the "Analyze" settings under Collaborate; c) change survey's owner?

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Hamid,

For purposes of the documentation, you should interpret 'publisher' as 'owner' - when ownership is changed on a survey, the person who published (and previously owns it) loses their access privileges via the Survey123 website. AFAIK, once ownership is changed, there is no history of an ArcGIS item to determine the original owner. We'll take the proposed language change under advisement. 

The solution for sharing access is to have a group whose membership includes all people that need to view the results and share the survey via the 'Collaborate' tab in the Survey123 website (for view-only, use the 'Analyze' setting).  You will be able to view them in the 'My Surveys' gallery by selecting 'I can analyze' in the top left of the gallery.