Which Portal supported by what version of Survey123Connect

06-26-2018 06:24 PM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all,

Is there a matrix which outlines which Portal version is supported by what version of Survey123Connect?

I have Portal 10.3.1 on premise & Survey123Connect V2.8.4 installed on my PC. I can publish a survey to AGOL with no issues but can't publish to Portal. I'm getting an Read time out Error code: 500

I have installed V2.7.72 with the same error. I can't remember the last time I published to Portal using Connect so I don't know when this might have occurred.

Attached is the log file from Connect too. I'm an Administrator to this Portal so permissions shouldn't be an issue

Thanks for any help with this

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ClaireProctor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Anthony,

Because Portal 10.3.1 predates Survey123, it doesn't have pre-registered App IDs for it. This can be added manually, which should solve your problem: How To: Add Survey123 for ArcGIS as a registered application to Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 

I should tell you, however, that Survey123 version 3.0 is coming out soon, and will be dropping support for Portal 10.3.1. A Classic version of the app will be available for customers that need compatibility with portals and platform versions we're dropping support for, but won't be updated with new features.

You've said that you're working with Windows PCs for Connect, but can I ask what devices you're intending to use in the field, and what OS versions they're using?

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Claire,

I have configured Portal with the App IDs a few years back (around V1.7). I did hear about this restriction coming for V3. Lucky for me, we are working on V10.6 Enterprise with Utility Network extension.

Field device working at the moment is Panasonic Toughpad with Win7 with Survey123 PC version & Checkpoint for Secure External Access. This has been integrated with GE FieldSmart application using the custom url.

Currently working on iPhone 7s with VPN to our corporate network. This has only just started.

Regards

0 Kudos