Webhook - Failed to save

Jump to solution
11-12-2020 12:09 AM
JürgenBiendara
Occasional Contributor

With Survey123 we are using webhooks to communicate with FME-Server. In general this works.

Unfortunately, from time to time the saving of the webhook Payload URL fails, even with Payload URLs that had worked before. The error message (see attachment) is very cryptic.

Did anyone else encounter this problem? Can anyone give advice how to handle this error?

Thanks, best regards,
Jürgen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Jürgen,

You are right, normally the error msg contains more specific information; therefore, we will try to reproduce the issue and find out the cause, as well as why there is no error msg shown. If the issue occurs again, could you please reply to this post and paste a screenshot of the console and the network `add` request (in developer tool) which may contain more information. That will be really helpful for us to identify the issue.

To log the issue, I encourage you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the bug on the Esri Support site. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks,

Ruth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for sharing here! I think this issue may occur due to the network issue or the server downtime.

Could you please provide more information relates to this issue so that we can identify the cause of it? For example, how often do you see this kind of error? and how long does the error last, like a few hours or a few days? and it would be really helpful if you have a rough timeline of when it occurred recently.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
JürgenBiendara
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for replying so fast. I've forwarded your message to the customer to get the required information.

Meanwhile, you can possibly help me with two additional questions:

• Shouldn't the error message be more specific?
  • Is there a possibility to log the problem and if yes, how and where?

Thanks once again, best regards,
Jürgen

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Jürgen,

You are right, normally the error msg contains more specific information; therefore, we will try to reproduce the issue and find out the cause, as well as why there is no error msg shown. If the issue occurs again, could you please reply to this post and paste a screenshot of the console and the network `add` request (in developer tool) which may contain more information. That will be really helpful for us to identify the issue.

To log the issue, I encourage you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the bug on the Esri Support site. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos