Voice To Text For Text Boxes

04-19-2019 10:19 AM
bobwright
Occasional Contributor

"I have voice-to-text set up on my Samsung phone and have used it in other apps, but I don't see it available on my keyboard for the text fields in Survey123.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why?" Someone else asked this question in response to a voice recognition post back in March and I did not see an answer anywhere. I have the exact same question. It is available for other apps (e.g., Gmail, Google Maps), but not in Survey123. On my Samsung S8 phone the microphone icon shows on the keyboard when I touch in the text file, but it is disabled. On may Samsung Tab S2 tablet it does not show at all. On both devices I have enabled the microphone in Survey123 in the OS app settings interface and confirmed that it is on in the general app settings. The client I am working with tells me that it is active and functioning on his iOS devices. Any suggestions?

2 Replies
bobwright
Occasional Contributor

I inadvertently marked this one as answered. I'd still appreciate some help with it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I noticed this also, but have not had a chance to look into it. I think there was a new appearance type created for this and I think it is call predictive or something like that? I'm going off memory and haven't had time to try this out.

I really hope that they have not done away with the voice to text input as it will hinder some of the data entry within some of our forms.

0 Kudos