Viewing previously captured features in the next map in a repeat

05-18-2022 11:42 AM
Adam_Coburn_NCC
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I'm picking up a previous project from summer last year and wondered if the required functionality has been added to Survey123. 

I have a survey form, authored in Connect (version 3.12) that captures, via a repeat, multiple Geopoints Geolines and Geoshapes. 

Ideally, I am looking for the form to pull through and show the first point entered in the second and subsequent maps as the repeat is selected. I note that a form version 3.14 is now available so if this is possible any info on the styling parameters for the features would also be very welcomed.  

I have seen from previous release notes for Survey123 upgrades within the bogs that this sort of feature is available when producing a report but the workflow will not include the use of reports. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

It sounds like you may be looking for this? https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/esricustomcolumns.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_DF5D4...

Currently only supported for Geopoints I believe.

Adam_Coburn_NCC
New Contributor III

Thank you for this, its very helpful regarding the styling aspect. Bookmark firmly made to this page!

I am also keen to see if the first feature can be made viewable in the second, third, forth maps when a repeat is triggered.  

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Yes it can. So the point from repeat 1 is viewable in repeats 1 onwards, the point from repeat 2 is viewable in repeats 2 onwards (along with the point from repeat 1), and so on. So repeat 5 would show all of the points from the previous 4 repeats, plus the point you are adding.

Adam_Coburn_NCC
New Contributor III

Yes that is exactly what I am looking to achieve. That is such a better way of explaining it!

0 Kudos