View image thumbnails using csv list in media folder

Jump to solution
05-08-2022 05:32 PM
Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Hi. I have a very large choice list that i want to have as a CSV in the media folder rather than the choices tab. Each choice has a corresponding thumbnail image which is currently stored in the media folder.  

Unfortunately when i move have my choice list to the media folder as a CSV instead of in the choices tab, i dont seem to be able to use the media::image column at all.  Basically, I can't see thumbnail previews in select_one_from_file questions.

Another option is to use pulldata to populate a note field or something but it appears that you can't use calculation to populate the media::image column in a survey so i can't insert the image filename in that column at all.

Maybe its impossible, but i just need users to be able to see a thumbnail images of a subset of choices (they only ever see up to 10 at a time due to previous filters) so they know which one to select. Maintaining the list of 10,000 choices in the choices tab is the only way that i seem to be able to do it.

Thanks!

Scott
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @Scott_Sambell  I am sorry, but the media::image column is not honored when using external choices or select_one_from_file. I added a note in our internal backlog, although I suggest you open an official Esri Technical Support case to document this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @Scott_Sambell  I am sorry, but the media::image column is not honored when using external choices or select_one_from_file. I added a note in our internal backlog, although I suggest you open an official Esri Technical Support case to document this.

Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Ah, that's a shame.  Thanks anyway Ismael.  How do i open an official Esri Technical Support case?  Is that the same process as when i find a bug?

Scott
0 Kudos