Version Survey Connect 3. don't work !

12-27-2018 05:04 AM
JulienCHARBONNAUD
New Contributor III

Hi

I work with SurveyConnect Classic, I have try to install the new version 3. 

The install is OK but when I run it, Y have a white window

Can you help me ?

Windows7

Thinks

Julien

0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Julien,

What exact version of Windows 7 are you using (check in Control Panel -> System settings)? And what version of Connect and App did you install, can you please try again with the latest 3.1 version available on the Survey123 website here: Survey123 for ArcGIS Resources | Downloads, Training, Videos & Documentation 

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
JulienCHARBONNAUD
New Contributor III

Hi Phil

My Version are  Windows 7 Professionel Service Pack 1.

Y try to install Survey123Connect_x86_3_1_126

It's OK with Survey123ConnectClassic_x86_2_9_3 but y didn't no if y have all the function with classic version

Thinks

Julien

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Julien,

You can find the Survey123 system requirements here System requirements—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS, please make sure you machine meets the minimum software and hardware requirements. We have seen other users having an issue running Survey123 if there graphics drivers are outdated. Can you please ensure you graphics drivers have been updated to latest version and try again. You can either update these via Windows Update or the Driver Update from within Hardware Manager, or if you know the make/model of the graphics drivers you can download and install from the vendor website.

FYI - Classic does not have the same functionality and fixes that are included in latest released Survey123 build. Classic is intended for backwards compatibility and will not be supported in the future.

If you are still experiencing issues after checking system requirements and updating graphics drivers, please let me know as there are a few other more detailed steps we can try.

Phil.

0 Kudos
JulienCHARBONNAUD
New Contributor III

Hi Phil

I have update graphics drivers, but nothing change  ;-(

It's the same thing betwenn  Connect or Survey123, cf picture ... white

It's OK with classic

I haven't update windows, I need contact computer scientist before

0 Kudos
JulienCHARBONNAUD
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Julien,

Sorry for the delay in replying. The problem appears to be with Windows 7 and the graphics drivers available for your laptop. Even with an updated driver it seems it is not supported by the later releases of Survey123 such as in 3.0 and 3.1.

In the next version of Survey123 (3.2), we will be supporting command line properties for Connect and the Field App which will allow you to launch the .exe file with additional parameters on Windows. One of these parameters is to launch the .exe file with a different rendering engine (opengl vs angle):

renderingEngine - Only supported on Windows desktop. Sets the graphics rendering engine. Supported values are default (which will use OpenGL and fall back to ANGLE if OpenGL encounters errors), opengl, and angle.

If you open a command prompt and launch the .exe file with the following parameter format, it will should open successfully. Try both angle and opengl and see what happens. You can also save the parameter in the Survey123 shortcut on your desktop, so it always applies the parameter, which could suit as a more permanent workaround:

C:\Users\{username}\Applications\ArcGIS\Survey123ConnectforArcGIS\Survey123ConnectforArcGIS.exe --renderingEngine angle

This is not available in the current release 3.1, but the Survey123 3.2 beta version which is available on the EAC site has these updated parameters if you would like to test it out. You can find the Windows beta install files here: Welcome to our Feedback Community 

Please let me know how you go.

Phil.

0 Kudos
JulienCHARBONNAUD
New Contributor III

Hi Phil

Thinks a lot

Y have try with the PC of my colleague, it's exatly the same (copy)

and it's work for her.

Then it's my PC the problem

Y have try to lauch directly it 's the same thing

Well, Y have install 3.2 Beta, It's run ! Yes

Can Y use it or may be wait the final version 3.2

Bye

Julien

(my english isn't perfect 😉 )

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Julien,

Yes you can use the 3.2 beta if you like, and publish surveys and use the field app. Note the 3.2 beta will contain updates and bugs fixes, however it is not yet fully supported until released, so please be aware when using it and careful, but generally you shouldn't run into too many problems unless you surveys uses some of the features we are still developing and working on in the updated builds.

Phil.

0 Kudos
DelaereMickael
Occasional Contributor II

Hello julien,

I have the same problem trying to install a Survey123  3.1.158 on a windows 2012r

i virtualized a precedent version with success.

i called the french support.

i am waiting for an answer.

0 Kudos