Using Survey123 with a GoPro Max camera

Jump to solution
04-07-2021 09:18 AM
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

I have a manhole inspection form created that currently uses the IPad camara to capture many images during the inspection.  This required manned entry into the manhole to capture all details. 

I would like to use a GoPro Max camera on an extendable pole to do the surveys without having to physically enter the structure.  Has anyone tried directly connecting Survey123 to the GoPro to capture images?  I know that the GoPro initially stores the images on the GoPro device.  Can Survey123 "link" to this image to capture the automated name created by GoPro in Survey123 then pull the images into Survey123 after the images are downloaded to other storage locations?  Maybe a javascript or python code would be required after download but I can see needing an image name captured from GoPro in Survey123 before this would work.

Any suggestions on how this can be done would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @LeonardBarnhill ,

Survey123 won't connect directly to the GoPro.  You can take the photos with the GoPro, transfer them via the GoPro app to your Photos, and then access them through the photo browser.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @LeonardBarnhill ,

Survey123 won't connect directly to the GoPro.  You can take the photos with the GoPro, transfer them via the GoPro app to your Photos, and then access them through the photo browser.

0 Kudos
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the information. I suspect not but I got to ask - will Field Maps connect to GoPro to capture images?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
GoPro has an app, Quik, for editing that might assist with tasks following
the collection of video or stills. I know of one company that uses the
GoPro Max for manhole inspections, but I do not think that they use
Survey123 in their work.
0 Kudos