using repeats in survey123, can i enter data "later" in the form that populates additional fields in the related table?

09-01-2017 02:08 PM
LynnBerni
Occasional Contributor II

Using repeats in survey123, can i enter data "later" in the form that adds/populates additional fields in the related table that was created by the repeats? E.g. We collect water quality samples at multiple stream sites in one day. Back in the lab, the samples are put in an incubator for 24 hours. After 24 hours, the samples are analyzed...creating additional data. I want to be able to select from those *already entered* samples (maybe by a dropdown?), and then enter the analysis data. 

Here's another twist. There are times when no sample can be collected (due to safety issues, frozen streams, etc.). "Was a sample collected?"  "Yes" or "No".  When I go back in to enter the analysis data for the incubated samples (assuming this is possible, per my original question), I don't want samples that couldn’t be collected to show up in the dropdown. Hope this all makes sense.

Please advise! Thanks, Lynn

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lynn,

You can construct data revision workflows with Survey123 Connect authored surveys.  You would need to first create the tables to store the data, either outside of Survey123 using ArcGIS Pro or other tools, or in Survey123 Connect by creating an 'initial' form that has all of the questions that will be asked.  Once the table is created, you can create forms that have only a subset of the questions- create a survey using the existing feature service as a template, then remove the questions not being used at this point in the workflow.

Revising existing data is accomplished by enabling the Inbox settings of the form - see Prepare for editing existing survey data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS .  Note that at this time, forms with repeats are not supported; you can edit the data in the repeat section when it is in it's own form.  We will be introducing support for editing repeated sections in our upcoming 2.4 release; for a preview, you can join the Early Adopter Community at https://bit.ly/S123beta